CRASHING THE PARTY is set to blow the doors off thehoundnyc.com Sun., Jan. 13, 5 pm Eastern time, right after the live Hound Howl (3-5 PM). A new episode will blast off for two-hours every Sunday night, with replay throughout the week from 1 – 3 pm Eastern time.
Dedicated to the wildest wax in the Doo-Wop universe, CRASHING THE PARTY is hosted by wax n’ shellac collector mavens Marc and Miriam.
CRASHING THE PARTY focuses on original vocal group harmony records – from the sublime to the savage – including favorite desperate, dreamy, deranged and pure dynamite group sounds from the late 1940s to the early ’60s.
The show fans the flames with original collector kingpins who will be “crashing the party” with their own rare wax and stories of “the days” that will blow a hole into your idea of the way things were. Discover where and how small unknown records were forged into chartbusters by teenage record nuts who shared the music with their friends and ended up changing the way we listen to music, collect records and live our lives.
Marc and Miriam have featured collector legends like Times Square owner Louie Silvani (first time ever interview) and have another godhead collector slated for a new CRASHING.
1) Tony Lee & His Quintet – Suicide
2) Ben Leonard & The Fury’s – Congo Bongo
3) Ernie Fields – Teen Flip
4) Reekers – Don’t Call Me Flyface
5) Tommy Blake & The Rhythm Rebels – Mister Hoody
6) Shadow Lake 8 Orchestra – Power
7) T. Carl Adams – Guitar Safari
15:08 – 19:05
1) The Fabulous Swing Tones – Geraldine
2) Sonny Burgess – Ain’t Got A Thing
3) Big Walter Price & His Thunder Birds – Calling Margie
4) Frantic Freddie & The Pro-Teens – Charmaine
5) Rocketeers – Gonna Feed My Baby Poison
6) Boogie Ramblers – Cindy Lou
7) Junior Dean & The Avalons – Chick Chick
8) Earl Brown & His Band – Shake Your Shimmy
39:39 – 45:35
1) Little Benny & The Stereos – Drinking Wine, Spodie Odie
2) Little Many with Ricky Aguary Band – Chuké Baby
3) Don & Bob – Good Morning, Little Schoolgirl
4) Big Chenier & His Night Owls – Let Me Hold Your Hand
5) Fabulous Rockets/Billy Costa – No Flirtin’ No Foolin’
6) Truitt Forse – Chicken Bop
7) Montereys – You Said That You Loved Me
1:01:30 – 1:06:28
1) Blanche Thomas – You Ain’t So Such A Much
2) Lightnin’ Hopkins – Jake Head Boogie
3) Sidney Maiden/Slim Green & The Cats From Fresno – Hand Me Down Baby
4) Woodrow Adams with Boogie Blues Blasters – Wine Head Woman
5) Eddie Kirkland & His House Rockers – I Need You Baby
6) John Lee Hooker – 609 Boogie
Hound’s Short Return (Mixed Audio)
1:20:50 – 1:21:36
Having developed a rabid following for his groundbreaking decade-long show on WFMU—often imitated but never equaled thereafter—the Hound is on the loose again, airing his new show on Sunday afternoons via his website. Fran Fried, another ‘free-form’ deejay, has tuned him in on her frequency for PKM.